Friday, September 16, 2011

Interchangeable Beefcakes

Jenkins is catching up to Geathers. That's not to say Geathers is slowing down; it's just that the  big JUCO transfer has just about reached the peak of the learning curve.
They lined up side by side. Jenkins was an end, Geathers was at the nose and DeAngelo Tyson was at the other end.
That lineup came on one series in the fourth quarter inside the Georgia 5-yard line. Jenkins tackled tailback Marcus Lattimore for a one yard loss, his only tackle of the game and first as a Bulldog.
“I was fortunate to get one stop on that play and I tried to get another,” said the 6-foot-3, 342-pound Jenkins, who is backing up Geathers. “It was successful for the most part. It was an experiment.”
Jenkins was mostly pleased with his play in his first SEC game.
“Those are some big guys, but I felt like I was able to do my job,” Jenkins said. “There’s always room for improvement, but for my first SEC game I felt like I was able to do my job.”
Kwame set the bar high for Jenkins the last couple months. Now Jenkins is pushing the d-ends harder. 


Gotta love some competition for reps!

1 comment:

Dawgfan17 said...

Tomorrow should be the day to experiment more with them both playing side by side. Also hope to see some of the younger linemen on both sides of the ball get in there to start developing some much needed depth.