Tuesday, August 23, 2011

CFA Kickoff Classic: it's all in the details

Details for the opening game against Boise State are emerging as we near single digits in the countdown. I guess some we already knew, like that Georgia is the home team. But the Broncos get the home locker room.


Ok. No offense taken Mr. Blank. Additionally, the east endzone will be orange and blue. The west, red and black. Midfield is for Mr. Cathy. Eat mor chiken!


I guess CFA officials didn't want to appear to give UGA too much of an advantage. Case in point: I guess I missed it when the game was first announced, but it appears that SEC officials will be <quote>refereeing<unquote> things in the Dome for Boise State vs Georgia. SEC refs HATE us. We couldn't get a set of Big 12 guys? Texas A&M is desperate for our attention over here, they couldn't sweeten the pot with some guys who actually understand NCAA tackle football rules?


I suddenly feel ill. Sick to my stomach with worry. I have a vision of Aron White catching a pass as time expires to win the game. He turns and hands the ball to Marc Curles...and gets a flag for excessive sportsmanship. TD negated. Game over.


The next morning, Curles awakes from a deep slumber. As he shakes the recurring dream where Coach Paul Damn Johnson is carrying him off the field after he kicked the winning field goal in late November...




3 comments:

Stephen said...

Bernie, yes SEC refs hate us. I am worried to death that Marc Curles, (a graduate of the NATS) will be whistling us for standing too close to the cooler, or for noise in the stands from the 65,000 or so who intend to spread the red.

Hey could be Penn "we reviewed it, Tebow's knee was 1 yard short, 1st down anyway" Wagers. I do think he went to one of the schools in the lower Carolina state. (neither is good for GA)

At least its not Doyle "yes Tim Wansley against Auburn '01, we know you tipped the punt, roughing the kicker anyway" Alexander, cause he is retired. After graduating from FLORIDA that is.

The only hope I have is that Steve Shaw is the HEAD of officials. But didnt he go to Bama?

Paige Sosebee said...

If I see Curles walk in to that Dome I will personally adorn my self w/ those bad a$$ gloves and pimp slap him with em...!! I still have nightmares about AJ and his taunting..... oh wait.....
SEC refs can suck it.. yeah I said it!!
GOOOOO DAWGSSSSS

ugakerri said...

"I suddenly feel ill. Sick to my stomach with worry. I have a vision of Aron White catching a pass as time expires to win the game. He turns and hands the ball to Marc Curles...and gets a flag for excessive sportsmanship. TD negated. Game over."

Dude. You're freaking me out. Stop.