Thursday, April 14, 2011

“I still have more to show.”

Richard Samuel everyone...former star of the win over the 2009 Razorbacks.
Samuel didn’t plan on redshirting, but he had a nagging knee injury most of last year and was overwhelmed by all he had to digest in the 3-4 scheme under first-year defensive coordinator Todd Grantham. He admits that the frustration of getting shuffled down the tailback depth chart in 2009 was nothing compared to his first few weeks on defense.
“Last spring was the toughest because everything was so new,” Samuel said. “There were times I didn’t understand the plays and times I didn’t get the job done, but I just had to keep telling myself that this was a learning process and that things would get better.”
Samuel has worked the past few weeks backing up former safety Alec Ogletree at the “Mo” position but has received most of the first-team snaps in recent days while Ogletree nurses a groin injury. He said working with the starters has been beneficial and believes he is much more comfortable compared to this time last year.
And he promises that his 80-yard run at Arkansas will not be his last highlight.
“I still have more inside of me,” Samuel said. “I still have more to show.”
Gonna be great to see the Cass HS star back on the gridiron again Saturday. I bet he's hungry after taking the last 15 games off.

No comments: