Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tamburo to transfer

Former  North Gwinnett star Michael Tamburo is transferring from Boise State to UGA. He will be a preferred walk-on.
"I could have gone other places," Tamburo said, "but I just felt UGA was the right place for me. This decision was not all about football. I wanted to also major in business, and Georgia has a great business program. I didn't really look at depth charts either. I just wanted a fresh start.
"I have always had a ton of respect for Mark Richt and Mike Bobo. I mean, it is Georgia, and it is the SEC. I’m ready to get there."
Tamburo threw for 6,598 yards and 57 touchdowns during three years as the starter for Bob Sphire at North Gwinnett, but has not been able to crack the depth chart during his two seasons at Boise State.
The chances of Tamburo cracking the depth chart under center are just north of slim. But he's a gifted athlete that is looking forward to being closer to home. Glad he gets the chance to study in Athens. Both academically and athletically.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to mention he might have some good info on our Opening Opponent he would like to share with Richt and Company...

Bernie said...

Tamburo is my hero, love this guy.If he says UGA is the right place for him - let it be so, i am happy for him__________________________________
typing test http://wpmtypingtest.org/