Friday, May 14, 2010

Trivial Update - Time Capsule Quotations


#ThursdaysRTrivial ep 44 coming up right after this PSA: Only 113 days until we're saved. Please continue to display a modicum of patience.

#ThursdaysRTrivial episode 44 "Who Said THAT?!?" It's the Twitter Twivia Show that's a lot like a canned beer you leave on the coaster for 10 or so minutes: maybe a little warm but refreshing nonetheless... REPLY back your answer for a chance at a fabulous prize. Use the following quotations to determine who said them once upon a time...
"It's a dream come true for me to go to Georgia. I know that the relationship I have with Coach Richt and Coach Bobo means that I will have a great time down there." 
“It was the place I wanted to be, and I am very excited about being a Bulldog."
“I would probably come into Georgia and redshirt my first year. They’d like me to put more weight on, learn the offense and get stronger...I would bring a little different style. Most of the quarterback’s at Georgia are more drop back passers but I can do some other things.”
Recently, I was doing some historical reading about this QB out of Missouri that re-committed to the Dawgs this week. It was refreshing to read Gray's comments about the Georgia program and know that he still felt the same way nearly four years later, even though things hadn't played out on the field quite the way he wanted them to. Right then I decided it would be a great muse for the forty-fourth episode.

Of course, I expected this one to be fairly easy given Logan Gray's recent decision that made some headlines. I also expected TrT champion Ally to tweet in with not only the correct answer, but also some trash talk. Sure enough, as fast as Al Gore's interwebs would take it...her answer appeared in my Tweetdeck: Logan Gray. I'M BACK BABY!!!!!!

But just in front of her tweet was one from TNRLM, also a frequent TrT winner as well as blogger extraordinaire. His tweet knocked me out of my chair with laughter: I was gonna answer this, but will call "FAIR CATCH" instead.


Unfortunately, my little trivia show is out of petty cash this month so I can't afford Ken Nugent's retainer to sort through the legal nuances in this week's episode. But as always, there's plenty of swag to go around. So Ally and TNRLM will both get a Logan Gray autographed copy of CMRs post-spring depth chart (which may end up being the last of its kind) as well as a commemorative practice jersey that's half green and half white.

Add those to your trophy cases kids. And all you tweeps tune in next week when I spill more beer through my nostrils.

2 comments:

Shan said...

I think the depth chart doubles as a locker name tag. It just says "Aaron Murray."

And green is slimming, right?

Ally said...

Psssh. I demand a recount & a time stamp confirmation that TRL what's his name beat me!

Just kidding of course. I'm not that competitive....

shudup ;)