Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Countdown to Signing Day…1 (UPDATED)


With just hours to go, let's break this down into what we know and what we can speculate.


What We Know
  • Jeff Whitaker is AwwBarn bound. The large, athletic DT became the latest headliner for Chizik’s class.mike thornton
  • Telvin Smith stuck with his commitment to the Noles.
  • Parking is gonna be at a premium tomorrow morning at Butts-Mehre. I may just go over and sleep in my car tonight. It’s not supposed to be cold is it?
  • UPDATE: Kentarious Gates of Greenville SC will not sign with Kentucky tomorrow. Instead he will become a Dawg at 11AM. Gates is a large young man (6'5" 298) that could play either guard or tackle.
What We Can Speculate
  • Robey is as good as gone. Word is Ol’ Man Kiffy has bent that ear pretty good.
  • Kadron Boone is seriously considering the Dawgs ($$). But I think he ends up in Baton Rouge. He’s probably decided by now, but will announce from his school at 4pm tomorrow.
  • Da’Rick Rogers will surprise everyone and stick with Coach Richt tomorrow. If I’m wrong the AJC might just get so giddy they piss themselves.
  • Michael Thornton hasn’t trimmed his list much, but visited Auburn, Georgia, Penn State, USC (the real one) and Kentucky. I think he chooses Athens.
Those are my humble opinions. What are yours?
.

3 comments:

BulldogBry said...

I'm not accustomed to reading recruiting updates that aren't dripping with meltdown. Are you on meds? Where's the panic, Bernie? WHERE'S THE PANIC????

Bernie said...

I don't sweat this stuff...much. They're kids who are making the most of their situation. If they choose not to be a Dawg, my feeling is we're better off without them.

I was disappointed last night when Telvin stayed with the Noles, but I respect him for that. I know Grantham wanted him so I was really hoping he'd change his mind, but I guess we got in the game too late.

That being said if the Ogletrees suddenly decide to move to Nepal and become sherpas....then I'll pull some hair. :)

Sports Dawg said...

Every year I say I'm not gonna follow recruiting & I end up doing so anyway. This year we threw 19 up on the board and everything seemed to halt until we started losing a couple off the board, & a couple of propects, & a couple more prospects. So I have BulldogBry covered with the panic. Better be some good surprises tomorrow, or we'll really be sweating this date in 2011.