Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sunday (Special) Thoughts...on a Tuesday

The Aggies folded like a cheap suit, much like the the Nerds' O-line back at the end of November. The only thing sharper than the TAMU special teams was Ron Franklins' spotter.
  • 0-0 with about 5 minutes left in the half...just what we expected right?
  • How big was that Brandon Boykin KO return after the first TAMU TD? It looked like a poorly executed pooch. And I'll take it.
  • And which frickin unit was playing without their coaches?
  • Call me an idiot...but, if Coach Richt named Garner, Hartley or Doolittle the DC tomorrow, I'd stand in line to shake his hand.
  • Otto finished his career 3-1 back in '86. Russ finished 2-0.
  • There's a lot of chatter about making Russ Uga VIII....I say no.
  • As nice as a win over a mediocre nerd team and a lower tier Big XII team was...don't eff with tradition.
  • Back to Shreveport, who would've thought that our defense would be the unit carrying us late into the 3rd quarter?
  • Yet it was the special teams that tilted the game into our favor.
  • A blocked FG attempt, a KO return for a TD, a blocked punt that set up a 1 yd TD...another bad punt snap...no wonder Coach Lilly got the Powerade Shower.
  • And major kudos to Bobo at the end there, for giving the FBs some love.
  • As @DawgterFeelgood tweeted, I think Chapas just finished this game with more rushing yards than Dwyer did against us.
  • I've already got relatives asking for tickets to next season's games. Hellz yeh!
  • Lastly, God bless Mike Weaver.
Enjoy the buzz while it lasts Reader. Tomorrow Today the rumor mill cranks back up for who the next DC is.  I just hope Coach Richt gets a deep breath or two in first.


4 comments:

BulldogBry said...

So it was Lilly that got the bath, right? Wife and daughter kept saying, "no, they said it was Bobo!" to which I replied, "I don't care what they say, Ron is having an off night!!"

Herschel Blogger said...

Russ isn't the cutest bulldog we've had on the sidelines, but he certainly is a DGD. I'll raise a shot in his name on New Years. But he certainly shouldn't be the next one. I hope we get a really energetic puppy. We could use that after Uga VII (RIP).

Dawgfan17 said...

Rumor of the day, my cousin-in-law who had an apartment with Kirby for awhile in Athens said he is giving it serious consideration but won't decide anything until after the NCG. I know everyone knows a guy or whatever but this is first time I have been this to close to a rumor so very excited about the possibility.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are going to continue to blog!!! I want to get your thoughts on Iowa's chances in the Orange Bowl???

Happy New Year!

Mrs. George P. Burdell