Tuesday, October 20, 2009

This Week's Mumme Poll


Click HERE to get this week's Mumme Poll. Just remember that the results may not be released as of the time of this post.

Polling was much harder work this week, at least for me. And thanks mostly to two games: VA Tech losing to the nerds and Florida needing official help to dispatch Arkansas.


Top Five
Alabama
Texas
Florida
Cincinnati
Iowa


The Next Seven
LSU
Miami
Southern Cal
Boise St
TCU
Georgia Tech
Oregon


I really wanted to move VA Tech up this week after a solid road win in Atlanta. Best laid plans and all that... The Hokies may still be one of the best 12 teams, but their offense struggled mightily. On the other hand, I was impressed with Cincinnati on Thursday night. The injury to their QB may have impacted others' decision to move them up, but even if Pike is out for the an extended period - they played solid football on the road against a solid South Florida team....and the backup held his own.

Southern Cal moved down this week despite the win in South Bend. I'm still not sold on the Irish, so a lackluster win sells me less on the Trojans as a result. I think we'll know more in two weeks when USC and Oregon play for the Pac Ten championship... ; )

Despite the fact that two teams fell out of my top five, I never really considered moving TCU or Boise St into that grouping. I'll admit right off that I've seen very little of Boise St and next to nothing of TCU, but things will have to shake out more before I would reward either with a coveted top five spot.

As for the top spot, Bama continues to impress. I could've held Florida at the #2 spot given Texas' struggles...but come on. Winning by three against Oklahoma is much more impressive than stealing a win at home against Arkansas. If you're reading this Slurban, you're lucky I didn't drop your team altogether.

Guess I'm saving that for the post WLOCP poll.

No comments: