Friday, July 10, 2009

No Birdies for Bernie...


...but plenty of in-laws.

Just a quick post in between tee times. I'm in desperate search of a birdie after getting six chances yesterday. They eluded my scorecard as if the flat blade was warped.
  • @alanashley is the winner of the second episode of Thursdays are Trivial. Just for recognizing Telegraph Road by Dire Straits, he takes home a sweet VA is for Lovers bumper sticker and some homemade butter from Williamsburg. Spread it thick Alan! There's more where that came from.
  • H/T to @amymengel for some extra knowledge on the tune. And three demerits for @BPMackie for guessing Air Supply.
  • A sneak peek at next week's category: Libations on Location. Sounds like cash values have doubled.
  • Check the blog roll to the right for updated posts from other, more dedicated writers. But since this post is Twitter heavy, here's one I like from Stuff of Legend.
And, you know what I've been missing...??

I'm sure you have too.


5 comments:

MikeInValdosta said...

I think your alterego is going to pressde into action Sept 5. Be sure to pack your cape and telephone booth.

Mackie said...

Riddle me this, I know it's a running joke among UGA alumni that the fans who didn't actually attend are the ones who dress in LED capes and Wal-Mart jerseys...but as a fellow outsider fan, are we really that bad?!?

Bernie said...

Packed and ready for action.

Mackie - your Wal-Mart jersey and incessant ramblings are always welcome here.

Mackie said...

...I hate you and your "licensed apparel".

Bernie said...

...funny, the word "apparel" coming from the "sans pants" dude...