Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Random Musings


Let's clean off the desk...
  • Worried about depth at D-end? It won't help allay your fears for Okie State, but TotalUGA has a look at one of the state's most sought after products, TJ Stripling of SW Dekalb. And at 6-6, 215...it's no wonder he has offers from all over the southeast. (subscription required)
  • In the wake of Donnan's NCAA shout-out, lots of discussion about Erk being excluded from the CFHOF. Perhaps GSU alum Chris Carroll put it best, It's a tragedy. Here's a collection of links in case you missed one or two: newly re-named Dawg-Leg WriteTucker's blog,Barnhart weighs in, and the Senator asks What if.
  • I've read a lot of material on the man I consider to be God's greatest gift to college football, T. Kyle King's tribute just after Erk passed away is the greatest read. If you can read that without your heart sinking just a little...well, I have no use for you.
  • The Jacksonville/GA Dome debate rages on. Evans continues to impress me as AD and I liked his words on the subject. But I feel like the writing is on the wall. I don't like the idea of this game in the ATL, but I think it's a matter of time before we see a game or two (at least) played there.
  • Maybe I'll ask CMR about it tonight at dinner. That's right...tonight's the night. If you have a question you'd like me to pose, lemme know. I'm sure he'll be all ears as long as he doesn't stand us up.

No comments: