Thursday, November 17, 2011

UK tickets on sale this morning

*Warning: old man post...

Back in my day as a student we would forgo Thanksgiving dinner for a chance to smack a nerd. I recall going to one game on North Avenue the day of Thanksgiving (that's right, that's when the game was...Turkey Day...at noon...in the snow...), getting food poisoning and having to pull to the side of the road to puke while on the way home to eat the leftovers.

By the way, Kanon Parkman won the game on a last second field goal. Go Dawgs!

Nowadays, students can't even stay in town ONE EXTRA DAY for the Kentucky game...FIVE DAYS BEFORE Thanksgiving. Are you kidding me? Dorms are closed? Well then, sleep on a floor! Anxious for Mom's home cooking? Bring Mom with you! Preferably to my tailgate!

Their loss, your gain Reader. Snatch these up so we can honor our seniors, win the SEC East and ring that bell! Then get the hell off my lawn.

6 comments:

AthensHomerDawg said...

Gearing up for the annual Family Georgia vs. GT flag football game. Molly Dolly Dawg will be sidelined this year. I'm not certain that Mrs. AHD will even let her watch the game. Says she would fret too much. She has developed hip dysplasia and the Vet won't clear her to play.  I hate it but even "The Dad" can get overruled these days Bernie.

dawg28 said...

got mine thank for info

Bernie said...

I don't know about you, but I get awfully suspicious when I'm not overruled.

Bernie said...

My pleasure. Bark loud!

MT said...

I have a fair amount of Alumni friends selling their tickets at cost; it's been a fun but tiring season, especially if you drink like a champion every weekend

Bernie said...

I've lost some games from the stands. But I never lose a tailgate. : )