Sunday, March 6, 2011

Diamond Dawg Taylor injured, awaits more tests

Jonathan Taylor injured his neck in today's 7-5 loss to FSU at Foley. In the third inning Taylor collided with Zach Cone in the outfield. He was eventually carted off the field after being stabilized, now awaits more tests at St. Marys.


This is especially hard for Perno's squad after suffering through Chance Veazey's scooter accident in 2009.
“I don’t know what to say. I really don’t,” Perno said. “It’s very unusual to have to go through this (stuff) again. I’m not a doctor and I don’t have the answers right now. I don’t know how we’ll hold it together. JT’s a pretty special kid. There are not too many like JT. It’s gonna be hard.”
On how the team reacted after the game, Perno said: “They’re devastated. It’s as bad as it gets.”
When you bend a knee tonight, send a special one up for Taylor.

1 comment:

AthensHomerDawg said...

DAMN!