Thursday, July 1, 2010

Evans' Career Circling a Turd

I'm not really in a position (read: cell phone, limited WiFi) to go into a lot of detail. But this story is just too bizarre and ridiculous to not weigh in.
  • Why does our current AD not have a driver? For what I gather and remember, Dooley always did.
  • Then again, maybe Evans prefers his driver not be privy to his extra-curriculars.
  • My guess is that Evans resigns. If he doesn't I'm guessing we're giving him another chance since he's going to be at the presser in an hour.
  • I think Evans is a great AD that was on the verge of superstardom. I hate to lose him. I just don't see how the UGA Athletic office can be so hypocritical to keep its head man.
  • And if they do, the ridiculousness will be tenfold when the next UGA student-athlete is suspended (or worse) do to an alcohol related offense.
Most importantly, I'm a big family first person. So while everyone focuses on Damon Evans' career at the press conference, I'll be more worried about his wife and kids. It's one thing to wake up in a jail cell fresh from a night of douchebaggery and lose your job. It's a lot more to lose your family.


1 comment:

Ally said...

"It's one thing to wake up in a jail cell fresh from a night of douchebaggery and lose your job. It's a lot more to lose your family."

Amen, Amen, a thousand times Amen.

My prayer is that Damon is only suspended, not fired. I pray that he is repentant & desires to take some time to relearn the meaning of the words commitment & contentment. And i pray that he receives the mercy & forgiveness we ALL desire after having screwed up royally. Most importantly, i pray that his beautiful, sweet wife & children receive the grace & respect they most definitely need right now.

God bless the Evans family.