Saturday, June 5, 2010

And a Witchett Makes 10...


As I'm sure you've heard, Zack Witchett of Washington High in Atlanta became Coach Richt's 10th commitment for the '11 class yesterday. Coach Ball is certainly making the most of the shortage at his position. Witchett makes the third WR commit for the upcoming class, joining Conley and Scott-Wesley.

My best guess is we take as many as five WRs in this class. I would say four, but both Scott-Wesley and Witchett can play in the secondary as well. An addition of Charone Peake would be stellar, and give future Dawg QBs a plethora of talent to target. And speaking of defensive backs, Damian Swann is quite friendly with Washington HS's #6.

Here's some of Zack's highlights. Not sure why the video runs over 9 minutes, it's actually only 6:30 long, fyi.


A couple other links - Chad Simmons' inside scoop ($$) on Witchett's decision and his analysis on Witchett ($$).

And some quotes from Witchett:

  • “A while back when I went to visit Georgia, Coach Richt and I were just joking around and made the comment that I could jam A.J. Green and wouldn’t let him off the line. Coach Richt just kind of laughed. He said, ‘if you can come down here and learn receiver and show me you can keep A.J. Green on the line, then I’ll let you start both ways."
  • “Damian is one of my best friends. We’ve been friends for a long time but we’ve never had a chance to play on the same team. So we’ve talked about playing on the same college team. I’m trying to get the inside scoop on who leads for him, but he says he’s going to keep it quiet until later on. But I’m going to try to get him to come with me.”
  • “I have been wanting to go to Georgia since Champ Bailey played there and I can’t wait to get there. I am 100 percent committed to Georgia and I am all Dawg now.”

No comments: