Tuesday, November 10, 2009

As the Mumme Poll Churns...


Click HERE to get this week's Mumme Poll. Just remember that the results may not be released as of the time of this post.

I would imagine we should see some changes in this week's Mumme, college football's only unbiased poll. Here's what I stewed over:

Top Five
Florida
Texas
Alabama
Cincinnati
TCU


The Next Seven
Georgia Tech
Boise State
Pittsburgh
Miami
Houston
LSU
Oklahoma State


Folks, watch out up there at the top. I would consider Florida, Texas and Alabama's resume' more impressive to this point. But TCU and Cincinnati have stated their case and appear to be more resolute in their execution. Coach Kelly is using a second team QB for goodness sake. I give TCU a slight edge based on their resume, but Cincy has an opportunity to finish pretty strong with a home game against Illinois sandwiched by West VA this Friday night and a December 5th showdown at Pitt.

Now, I would have to say that both Florida and Bama will finish undefeated except that they will play each other for the SEC crown. What a quandry for the referees. If Florida or Bama drop one, then come back to win the SECCG...watch out! Then again...that won't happen will it?

Georgia Tech and Boise St. survived and advanced. The nerds could logistically play themselves in by running the table, but Clean Old-Fashioned Hate is played on Historic Mark Richt Field this year. Boise St. on the other hand has no chance to move any further...on my ballot at least.

Despite an offense just north of anemic, LSU has only lost to two of the best teams in the nation. And they were in both of those contests late. So I keep them in my next seven along with Houston. I drop Penn State and Iowa after losses. The Big TehlevTen is pretty weak, which means this year's Rose Bowl should be pretty authentic. Ha ha...

For the last spot, I was choosing between Oregon, Ohio State and Oklahoma State. I resisted the urge to put Navy in and went with the team that I left off last week

1 comment:

AuditDawg said...

Coach Kelly is using a second team QB that just set the Big East record for yards in a game against UConn. I think this team could challenge Florida/Alabama/Texas in the title game, but won't get a chance.