Thursday, May 12, 2011

Buford's Lee to announce Monday

Dawg fans have been wondering two things regarding the recruitment of Buford's Dillon Lee: 

  1. What took so long for Georgia to offer one of the state's top prospects who also happens to have a brother on the roster?
  2. And will Georgia's tardiness affect Lee's decision?
Well, we'll know Monday what Lee's plans are.

The 6-foot-4, 220-pounder from Buford High School confirmed to the AJC that he will announce on Monday whether he will join his brother with the Bulldogs — or commit to one of his three other finalists of Alabama, Florida State and USC.
Here’s Lee on Wednesday night with quick hits on his final four:
  • Florida State: “I really like the campus and whole environment there in Tallahassee.”
  • Alabama: “I really like what they do on defense. I like their defensive coaches and the defensive system they have.”
  • Southern Cal: “That has been my favorite team growing up … my whole life.”
  • UGA: “That’s my in-state school. My brother plays there. My whole family is Georgia fans, and I’ve been going to games there my whole life. I know a lot about them, and I’ve been trying to get to know the new linebackers coach since he was hired.”
Lee has accumulated nearly 20 offers; ironically, UGA was most recent, despite the family ties. Georgia linebackers coach, Kirk Olivadotti, called Lee with an offer from the Bulldogs on May 2. Georgia hired the former NFL assistant on Feb. 18.
Hard to go against Bama here. But I still like our chances too...despite being late to the party.

2 comments:

AthensHomerDawg said...

This is Dallas Lee third season. Made it on the field last season in a few non-critical games. Hasn't really broken into the depth chart. Maybe 2011 as a center? Sounds as if his brother has rated his top four schools about the same. "Trying to get to know the new linebackers coach" ???? Does that mean he hasn't been able to contact him or that they have been in touch often with one another?

Bernie said...

I read that to mean he just hadn't had as much time with Olivadotti as the other position coaches that are recruiting him.

I just hope they have a few years here in the near future to get to know each other real well.