Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Honest question...

A GA Tech baseball player is arrested in early February for a DUI in Buckhead and the story gets published last night at 8:32pm. 


Now, I'm not going to get into all of the AJC bias towards the trade school and the fact that this story would've been front page February 4th if the kid played for Perno. I hope by now we all understand that to engage in such discourse would be redundant and regurgitory.*


My question is simply: is this a non story because Skole plays baseball...or because he plays on North Avenue? Of course the easy answer is both. But I'm not sure that's the truth.


* regurgitory - meaning we been there, we done that

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just goes to prove that no one really cares what goes on at Tech!

Bernie said...

I think the question that needs to be answered first is how the AJ-C gets info so quickly on a UGA player's arrest, no? Are they trolling the online intake listing of the ACC jail? Remember we've had an athlete or 5 get arrested out of state & the info doesn't get out as quickly - because they aren't monitoring every police blotter. And I imagine AJ-C writers (I use that term loosely, mind you) don't monitor the online intake of every Atlanta jail either. I mean, that alone is a full time job.

I'm just not convinced it's a grand conspiracy against UGA. And I stopped reading that rag years ago. I say this every year, and I wish fans would start listening: when we stop clicking on AJ-C sports links, they'll stop publishing that crap. Viva la Capitalism!!