Saturday, June 20, 2009

It's Better to Build Boys than Mend Men


Happy Father's Day Weekend

...from all of us at BDB.


If you're a dad, hope the rain stays away from Beth Page long enough for some quality sofa time for you. And even if it doesn't, I hope your children are as adept at bringing you cold beers as mine.

My girls and I just got back from the Bulldog Father and Kids Experience at Woodruff Practice Fields. If you were out there, I'm sure you would join me in saying it was a terrific experience. HOT!...but terrific nonetheless.

Any day you can get a book (same title as this post...check it out at Amazon by clicking here) handed to you by Truett Cathy himself is a day to cherish. There was a great turnout (bigger even than I
expected) and I got to reconnect with two other great dads - Matt Kirby and Shane Todd, both former high school classmates. As operators of Chick-Fil-As in town, they helped lead the event. Shane almost got Coach Van Gorder to do a touchdown dance and Matt is a real pro with a bull horn.

Super job by the Cedar Shoals (Go JAGS!!) coaches running everyone through the drills. I wasn't surprised when Ainsley excelled at the LB drill, but Conner really whipped me at the D-back position. That girl has quite the hip turn and explodes on the ball like Tim Wansley.

The real highlight of the day for me though was just the time with my girls. I got high-fives and hugs, a thumbs up and even a couple of kisses...(from Ainsley). They got to run around on the same field Knowshon used to do backflips on while redshirting. (I chose not to remind CMR of that)

And they got to do this...

The rematch had a similar result... somehow the five year old
was savvy enough to get the side with the
rope again...competitive advantage.

I've added an All Pro Dad widget to the right. If you're a dad and are not yet receiving the daily emails, I would strongly suggest it. As Cathy and Coach Richt said, today's world is losing it's sense of family and more and more fathers are not present in the home. And even if their present...well, we're not always present. I'm sure you get what I'm saying.

It's not easy being a parent. But it's our greatest job. So much more important than anything I can do in the office...and even more important than beating the crap outta Florida on Halloween. It's important to reconnect, refocus and reenergize.

That's what today did for me and hundreds of other dads...and some moms too. :)

So make a date with your kids sometime soon. Check out the All Pro Dad website where you can sign up for the daily emails, and even register to become an All Pro Dad yourself.

Have a great weekend Reader. See ya Monday for some Meatloaf.


Bernie

4 comments:

Paige said...

Looks like so much fun!! I'll have to sign Michael up with the kids next year. Oh heck, I might take them myself. LOL

Happy Father's Day!!!

MikeInValdosta said...

Sounds like you a great day. Hope it was not as hot as here in Valdosta. All the family and I could do was make sure the water in the pool was wet.

Question, does it make me a bad Dawg if I am pulling for Duval?

Hope you have a great day tomorrow, remember coverage starts at 11.

Bernie said...

Paige - I see you excelling at the RB station. And although it was definitely geared towards dads, there were plenty of moms.

Mike - is it ever hotter anywhere than in Valdosta?

And although I'd never call your Dawghood into question: Duval...great story. Just can't pull for the techhie to win. Maybe second... Hope your day is special and your sofa is soft.

Anonymous said...

hey there www.berniesdawgblawg.com admin found your website via Google but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your blog http://traffic-for-your-website.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my site. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic at this website http://traffic-for-your-website.com
To your success James