Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Franklin's face, case closed

If you're a member at DawgPost, just click here ($$) if you haven't seen Dean Legge's account of what happened and pictures of the confrontation. It's nice to finally see something other than the back of Franklin's head, a different perspective both figuratively and literally.


If you're not a member, just consider the entire thing settled and we can just move along. I'm not sure what's worse, the media for jumping on one side of the story or the fans who blindly support one coach while throwing another under the bus for coming to the side of his own player.


I had not intended to post another word on it until I saw Legge's account. But rest assured that this will be the last thing I type on it, barring the SEC losing it's mind in their investigation. If you can find any fault in Todd Grantham's actions without recognizing where and how this started, make sure you never say a word to my kids. You'll like that ending even less than Saturday night's.


Case closed.

4 comments:

AthensHomerDawg said...

"......make sure you never say a word to my kids."    Amen!

Bernie said...

Thanks. I mean, do I like the way Grantham behaved? No, it was about as ugly as it could get. Most of all I think he played right into Franklin's hands. But you know, my kids have been picked on unfairly before. And I think I would react as a coach much as I did as a father. 

I would lose my $hit too.

Red Blackman, esq. said...

I think I speak for slack jawed mouth breathers everywhere when I say........

I like this sort of thing. I was willing to jump some unsuspecting comodadore and beat them senseless. Then, upon being questioned by the authorities, blame it on two things....

1. My drunken state.

2. 2 years of suffering from battered fan syndrome

Bernie said...

You probably would've been chop blocked before the cops ever got to you.